Friday, October 16, 2009

17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22!





Hi Friends! Welcome to the weekends! I just can't help counting down the days to the day I will journey across half the circumference of the earth, to be with my wife, to start a new life in the United States of America :)



This is going to be a very short sharing, a joke, actually.



A couple of days ago, my computer developed strange symptoms. A little while after starting up, the cursor will move by itself, as if the "space bar" was being held down continuously. I tried restarting, and even pulled the keyboard cable off, and the same thing happens! It always starts in about 5-10 minutes time.



Not only that, when I tried to click on anything, the opposite happens. For example, if a dialogue box appears, with 2 options... either "Ok" or "Cancel", when I clicked on "Ok", the opposite happens.



So I thought it must be a darned virus or trojan. And how wise of me not to install any antivirus program prior to this! So I thought I could beat the virus or trojan by downloading a free antivirus program, but unfortunately, the virus or trojan had another plan in mind. It will shut down the download box even before the download has been completed. Dang!



Restarting the computer doesn't help, and just when I thought things could get any worse, there isn't anymore grace period when I restarted the computer after a few times restarting. The virus or trojan had manifested and became dominating!



So I sought the help of my good friend William, who happens to be an expert in computers and stuff. He said I needed to take out the hard drive, and pass it to him for scanning with another computer. I did so, and he detected no virus nor trojan!



Then he said he needed to come over to my house to see the symptoms himself. He also thought it was a virus or trojan because he said he'd heard of such virus or trojan causing such symptoms to appear or develop.



Amazingly, the symptom didn't reappear, even after 20,

30 minutes of waiting. Now, did the virus or trojan kind of "know" my friend will be coming, and "hid" itself, and then after the expert has left, it will "show up" and antagonize me again? Shucks!




Suddenly, my friend saw something on my bed, not far from

the computer table. It was my wireless keyboard that I momentarily didn't use, because I wanted to use another keyboard with a cable that normally will be plugged into the USB port for usage.




He asked me a very simple question... Is the wireless keyboard disabled or it's still functioning?



Then..... realization dawned upon me!!!



HOLY CRAP!!!



The "virus" or "trojan" is actually ME..... hahahahaha..... I must

have accidentally moved something which held down the "space bar" key, which explains the symptoms.




Holy crap... what a big boo boo... and how smart of me! Yeah, I know... duh...



And true enough, after clearing all obstacles from the wireless keyboard, the symptoms had not shown up ever since 48 hours ago.



This sure taught me an important lesson. Always be gracious to those who are less computer-literate than me, because sometimes, I'm no smarter than they are with computers! LOL



Hope you enjoyed this, and have a lovely weekend, Friends!



5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOL ... we are our own worst enemy, huh? Too funny!

I haven't visited you for awhile and wow ... you're almost headed for America and your wife. How exciting! Are you saying where in the U.S. you'll be?

Have a great weekend, John!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Friday, October 16, 2009 6:31:00 PM  
Blogger Farnnay said...

LOL I cant believe that happened. and wireless anythign is sometimes os annoying.

Friday, October 16, 2009 8:33:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Before I scanned my pc on the link you sent me, my cursor would wander around the screen like you describe! It does not do that now though!

Quite humorous, your story! Thanks for the smiles this morning. And yes, we all have incidents where it seems inamimate objects just take over!

Here's hoping no more mysteries such as this pop up in your life!

Have a great day, John!

Saturday, October 17, 2009 3:48:00 AM  
Blogger Deboshree said...

hehehe...that was funny.

Take care
Deboshree

Saturday, October 17, 2009 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hi Small Footprints! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Really appreciate it, and by the way, I will be actively participating in your Change The World Wednesdays starting from the beginning, when I arrive in Columbia, Missouri this coming Friday. Hope that I can catch up with everyone else! Cheers and keep up the great work!

Hi there again, Constructive Attitude :) Welcome to my blog, and thanks for commenting. Do you have your own blog?

Thanks as always, Donna for always being around and I truly appreciate it. I'm always glad and happy to entertain :)

Hi Deboshree, yeah... agreed :)

Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home